Followers

Sunday 1 February 2015

Colour needed!

It was a grey Saturday, Baltic wind & snow flurries....Sunday has, at least, been sunny even though it's been snowing and somewhere along the line my brain has obviously been craving colour as is seen in these journal pages!

Journal 52 prompt is television....

I smeared distress paint all over my pages (worn lipstick, picked raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon).

Downloaded the test screen girl from google, I spent many mornings looking at her as a small child whilst waiting for "watch with mother" to come on :-) the program's around the screen are the earliest ones I remember watching. The titles have been stamped using alphabet stamps & archival ink & a touch of white highlighting with a gelly roll.


Then came more cartoons on the black & white tele we had in Libya, it was all American program's there as the transmissions came from the USAF airbase (Wheelus)

More recently, it's been documentaries, sports and a few series, mostly watched whilst doing other things at the same time!

DLP are still facing the blank page & this week is about using Underpaper & what lies beneath.
As you can see, it's more colour! I used Guitar oil pastels on the gessoed pages, rubbed over them with a small amount of cinnamon oil on a cotton ball. The pages smell wonderful. 

I die cut a doily from the back panel of a kraft card, die cut flowers from under papers using the tattered flower garland die. 

The flowers, once stuck onto the doily, then had flat yellow sequins adhered with Glossy Accents. I've doodled around the flowers with a B6 pencil and it's Molotow white dots/Pitt pen in black around the doily.

Plenty of colour this weekend :-) here hoping the weather stay sunny to match my mood! 

I'll be back in the morning with my Monday inchie....I'm off to read all about Tim's tag for February now!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic pages Sally. Loved the TV ones, the memories came flooding back, especially the test screen.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete