Followers

Saturday 21 March 2015

Inspiration

Well this week the Journal 52 challenge took me right back to my City & Guilds Creative Embroidery days!

Inspiration board is what is called for and I just dived into my box of bits that do it for me.....

There's a lot on here : left book page (love the writing) an artists "hiland coo" a label wrapped with silk thread, a paper artsy metal image, some stencilled paper, butterflies die cut from alcohol inked paper,a knight on his charger (history buff), a crazy looking lady (love the colours/textures), a gelli printed piece +corset! some fishtails! assorted silk thread.




right: a fashion ad, more variegated threads,lace, jute & hessian, a piece of canvas work with assorted stitches, a piece of correspondence paper, book, a couple of artists pictures, seashells, a gem, flower, more threads.




I'm a great lover of pink/orange & turquoise/green combinations as well as working with texture although that is mainly in my textiles (when I do them which seems to be seldom these days)


4 comments:

  1. Wow, love the bright colours nd additions of textures. A real eclectic mix of images, love these pages.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pages Sally, so many samples to look at, and gorgeous colours. Back for another look.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages are a delight Jane, so colourful and loads of detail, I loved looking around this :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool inspirational page. Love the burst of colour and the fab textures!

    ReplyDelete